11.29.2011

Adopt-a-Family

This year for 2011 the Library has once again adopted a family for the holiday season through the Salvation Army. Everyone on staff is invited to participate, however participation is completely optional. Our family has a single mom and three boys ages 17, 12, and 8. Like past years, the children have wish lists, however unlike past years the boys have asked for items that exceed the limit we are supposed to spend on them ($50) such as bikes, and I do not expect staff to provide three bicycles for the family. They have also asked for cold weather items such as hats, gloves, and boots. If you wish to purchase one of these cold weather items let me know and I will give you the child’s sizes. I have some sizes for shirts and pants as well, but not for all three children. The mother in the family has also asked for kitchen items, which you may wish to donate. Items should be placed next to my desk or on my chair. You do not need to stick to the wish list, if you choose you may purchase items like candy, DVDs, favorite books, gift cards for music. You may also donate money by cash or check which will be used to buy a grocery gift card to Woodman’s or additional items on the wish lists. I do my best to ensure that each child has the same number of gifts.

Any monetary amount (as little as a dollar!) would be welcomed.

A few guidelines:
· Please do not wrap the gifts.
· You may provide gift wrap.
· We are asked not to spend more than $50.00 total on any child.
· The family will receive a grocery store gift card.
· Gifts must be turned in to Ellen Jepson by Tuesday December 13th by noon.
· Please bring any items you have purchased to Ellen and place them next to my desk or on my chair.
· You may donate cash or write a check (payable to Ellen Jepson) which will be used to purchase additional items.
· Any questions, speak to Ellen in the Children’s Section!

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

No comments: